Another game i wrote in Lua around 2011(?).
It is a round-based zombie survival game, with rounds typically lasting 15 minutes (although often ending much sooner when all human players die). You earn cash by killing zombies which can be spent on weapons and supply airdrops. If you die, you become a zombie.
Some notable features:
• Challenging gameplay. A strong emphasis on teamwork and inventory management.
• A dynamic weather system. Thunder, lightning, particle-based rain and wind. The weather is randomized each round.
• Random events. They happen over the course of the round. Some are good, like scientists and supply crates appearing. Some are bad, like temporary radio blackouts. There’s even an event which causes a wicked storm using the weather system.
• Intelligent zombie NPCs that hunt you down. They can also break through doors, breakable walls and windows.
• A bunch of scripted weapons which implement scopes, ironsights, bullet penetration and more.
• Melee weapons, including a hammer which can be used to build barricades using wood planks.
• An inventory system that is very modular. You can add your own items with ease.
• 4 human classes and 4 zombie classes, each with their own perks.
• Fancy effects. Motion blur, postprocessing, realistic drunkness/infection/etc, blood spatter on your HUD, and probably more.
• Lots of gore effects. Blow the torso off of a zombie with a winchester, create showers of guts with explosives, instantly fry zombies with laser weapons and blow the heads off of zombies with pretty much any gun.
• Ailment system. If you are attacked by certain zombies you will start to bleed. If you are hit by zombies you become infected. You can also become irradiated from certain things.
• Replayability. Never play the same match twice. The infection antidote spawns randomly around the map throughout the game, and the evacuation helicopter has multiple landing zones.
• Stats. At the end of the round awards are handed out to players who have accomplished great and not-so-great things. If you’re one of those fellows who hides in a corner while his teammates do all the work then you will get publicly humiliated. If you are a skilled player then you’ll get a pile of accolades.
• Parameters that give the server owner complete control over most gameplay aspects.
• A custom entity loading system for maps which do not officially support the game script.
I originally wrote this game several years ago, before the original Left4Dead game was released by Valve Software. There are a bunch of gameplay videos on youtube, search for “ReDead Gmod” or something along those lines if you want to see more.
There are plenty of gameplay videos on YouTube as well.
The scripts are freely available: https://www.assembla.com/code/redead/subversion/nodes